[TenTec] Tested: 1.8 filter definitely not engaging, ideas?

Chester calderman at cox.net
Fri Feb 28 07:02:19 EST 2003

Tim....

	If you have, say, a 500Hz 6.3MHz filter, temporarily put it in
the 1.8kc slot and punch the 1.8kc button. If you can tell the 500Hz
filter is working, you will know the filter selection circuitry is
working. If the filter selection circuitry is working, then you can be
pretty sure the filter is defective.

	If you can prove the filter is not working right, before you
send it to TT, try resoldering all of the connection points on the
bottom of the filter board, and try it again. If you just reheat the
solder connections quickly, you well not damage anything on that small
board and will more than likely 'fix' the filter.

	If you can determine the filter selection circuitry is OK, then
worst case, you will only have to return the filter.

	Good luck!

Tom/W4BQF

Chester Alderman
calderman at cox.net