[TenTec] Orion question

tlogan7@cox.net tlogan7@cox.net
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 22:20:33 -0700

Hi folks -
I've noticed on the TT website that Orions will be available in April for
those who order now. The first run seems to be sold out already. Other than
TT's rep and a vague feeling that the concept of crystal filters/DSP and 2
indeprendent receivers  seems to make sense, I'm wondering what it is that
has caused so many people to order for the first round of Orions. I am not
technically proficient enough to understand some of the concepts the Orion
is based on....but I do have a lot of faith in Ten Tec and much of the
expertise that I see on this reflector. So can anyone who is willing, tell
me what it is about the Orion that has really sold them enough to order
"sigh unseen" so to speak? This is NOT a negative question. I am tempted to
to sell out some of my rigs to get an Orion based on what I THINK it
is......but I really need some simple explanations as to why it is expected
to be so good by many of you.  All thoughts will be most appreciated.
73/Tim NZ7C