[TenTec] I get nervous when . . .

Dave Kamp, KW0D kw0d@netexpress.net
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 23:30:57 -0600

Even if I was able to afford plunk-down for a new Orion, I'd not inclined
to be concerned about ANY lab-reports or reviews.  I've got an Omni VI here
that's been around a while, and judging by the similar units coming
available through the group, and anything that yields BOTH a short
market-times and high monetary-return value... speaks for itself... but...
I don't plan on selling it, because... I can just flip the switch, pick my
frequency, and listen to weak and strong sigs... and the radio's intrinsic
operating value comes flowing right out the speaker.

Of course, my opinion of T-T stuff may differ from the rest of the group,
but I kinda doubt it...

DK  :-)

At 03:15 PM 01/09/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>It looks like the first Orions are just around the corner, and I get
>nervous when I think that the rig's reputation will to a considerable
>extent stand or fall on what the ARRL's lab reports. Since the report will
>be based on lab tests of a single early production unit, it is a dicey
>(i.e., Las Vegas crapshoot) business for Ten-Tec. Recall that the QST
>review of the OMNI VI Plus some years back had several nits to pick that
>detracted substantially from the overall report on the rig.
73's from KW0D Dave in LeClaire, Iowa