[TenTec] Disparaging Corsairs, Pro II, etc hi hi

Mark Rauchfuss mark.rauchfuss at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 30 17:58:56 EST 2003

Tim,

I have several Corsair IIs an Omni-B and two Omni-Ds as well as an
Argonaut 509 (with many "QRP Quarterly" mods care of Steve Russel). I
have owned many, many rigs over the past 30 years (since days of WN3NMV)
and I feel that the Omni-C and Corsair II are amongst the finest CW rigs
ever produced. I also give high marks to the R-4C/T-4XC , TR-4CW/RIT and
75S-3/B/C + 32S/A stations.

For a QRP rig, I also like the FT-817, especially if you know how to
set-up the passband tuning (there is an non-documented set-up which I
accidently discovered while interacting with the rig that) makes it
very, very effective in pile-ups.

I don't know anything about Kenmore rigs, but how can anyone say that
the Corsair II is junk? Such a statement is just unfounded rubbish.

Mark,
KB8GKZ