[TenTec] Disparaging Corsairs, Pro II, etc hi hi

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Thu Jan 30 16:45:27 EST 2003

> in the emails there was more than once a reference to Kenwood
> having at one time made the best cw rigs ever made. I cannot
> remember which  models were referred to - the 830 or 850
> maybe?

There was a time, several years ago,  when many CW contesting
stations were big into using the Kenwood TS-930S;  that
was in mid-80's I believe,  just before the time of the Corsair,
or perhaps,  just as they were being introduced by Ten Tec.
The 830 and 850 were earlier than the 930,  of course.

Jack Wheeler,  KH6CC,  down on the Big Island of Hawaii
has won the CQ 160 meter CW test for years(decades),  at least
for Oceana,  using a pair of Kenwood 850's.  He also uses
a straight key as well,  hi.  (He is 83 years young now,
so not sure he is that active anymore for 48 hour contesting, hi).

73,  Jim  KH7M