[TenTec] Limited space antenna

N6HGT at aol.com N6HGT at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 14:07:23 EDT 2003

Vince:

       What you're proposing is described in a CQ Magazine article, April
1987, page 66, entitled "An HF mini-dipole using mobile whips" by Bob Norloff,
w4gex.  I'll send you a xerox copy by snail mail if you can't find a copy there.
 You can find a bar to connect the mobile whips together from :
             Lakeview Co., Inc.,
             3620-9 Whitehall Road
             Anderson, SC  29626
             (864) 226-6990.

       I use such a set-up occasionally with my Argosy II while parked in my
pick-up truck.  The mobile whips for 75 or 40 meters are mounted on top of a
16-ft. pole.  This works fine for a 300 or 400 mile radius.  I don't know how
it would work with the mobile whips for both bands mounted near each other on
the pole.  But I would think at the spacing you propose, and operating one band
at a time, there should be no interaction.  Or you might mount the antennas
for each band at right angles to each other.

       GL and let me know if you're good in qrz.com.

             Lee Brown, n6hgt
             Canby, OR (20 miles south of Portland)