[TenTec] Balanced Tuners

Dave Marling ve1vq at auracom.com
Fri Jul 11 09:43:19 EDT 2003

At 10:47 PM 10/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>This arrangement for a tuner that Ken speaks of is one of if not the finest
>performing tuner I've ever seen or used.

I have some pictures of a poor person's version of Measures' balanced tuner at

http://users.auracom.com/dbm/tuner/tuner1.jpg
http://users.auracom.com/dbm/tuner/tuner2.jpg
http://users.auracom.com/dbm/tuner/tuner3.jpg

It feeds about fifty feet of balanced line to a 950' horizontal
loop.  Driven by a Jupiter into a Dentron Cliperton L.

Note the insulated shaft to the knob in the second picture.

After building and installing this about a year ago my problems with rf
into the computer and alarm system disappeared.
The previous setup used RG8 to a balun at the feedpoint.

Dave
VE1VQ/VA6NS