[TenTec] {TenTec- field day from hell, contesting and the point of the tool.

LARRY GREENBERG, N5BEA larrylg2 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 12 01:06:11 EDT 2003

I beleive people are missing the point..  For each and very tool available
to operator/contestors there is a sensable or even appropriate use.

There is no doubt that a good operator with a reasonably sized  backpack in
the wilderness
could maintain two opereators with equipment, powers sources  antennas
shelter and provisions for a weekend contest. He could have a respectable
showing.  With mutipliers, he is right in the running.

Just carry it on step further.. Remember all the discussion about
networking/interfacing radios and pcs?
We have the technology. So group, why not let the radios out on their own? I
mean interfaced rigs, maybe online--BINGO.  The master robot program -
TenTecs from hell,finding open frequencies, aiming beams and changing
operating modes and making contacts on their own with instantly verified
logs.

Why the nit picking?

The point is there is a time and a place for every tool.

Larry Greenberg, N5BEA