[TenTec] Argonaut V - I did purchase

Jeff Davis jeff at ke9v.com
Sat Jul 19 12:58:42 EDT 2003

Casey, KS7J wrote:

> Has there been a comparison to the K2 on the reflector? I looked at the
> Argo V seriously, but it just doesn't have the ease of use operating
> features quite down yet, such as auto-ATU with dual antennas and band
> memory, keyer buffers, PA expansion, highly accurate SWR/PWR metering
> (with the ATU). Just a bit more spendy and you have to build it, but
> hard to give up on those features once you use them.

"just a *bit* more pricey"???

Last I checked a fully-tricked out K2 is nearing $2000 with the
accessories (SSB, NB, ATU, PA, DSP, etc.)

Add to that 60-80 hours of construction time at minimum wage (unless of
course you don't value your time) and the K2 sits squarely in the
$2000-$2500 range.

Seems more than a "bit" pricey compared to the Argo V to me?

No flames, please, I built a K2. #524 so it is an early one. Works great
and I wouldn't think of selling it. But the K2 with accessories is NOT
in the same price class as the Argo V.

Jeff, Ke9v