[TenTec] Back in Tentec Family

MIKE SOUHRADA wb9iog at revealed.net
Mon Jun 2 17:01:03 EDT 2003

Yesterday was a banner Ten Tec day at Princeton Il hamfest.
Spotted a Corsair II that I've been reading about from this list and
based on those comments hankered for one.
Well on my way the second time to "negotiate" with the seller I spotted
another TT ; Omni C that a guy just brought in. Had some problems
(sounded like PTO) and I've done a few of those! So dragged it to the
car and that was going to be it for the day; I thought. My sales were
lousy.
Kept thinking about that Corsair II.
So on my way out stopped and after some haggling purchased that unit
also.
In my mind kept thinking I'd be sorry when I got home that I didn't
get the Corsair.
Did I make the right decision? Read the QST review last night and looks
pretty good. Working my way up the TT product line so some day might
get the Omni VI+.
Any caveats about the Corsair?
Pro/con other than what's in the review.
Mike
Iowa
BTW there was a Century 21 there also. Got two of those so I passed.
Price was good.