[TenTec] Some Observations on Orion Stability/Calibration

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Wed Jun 4 08:56:11 EDT 2003

> This has given me some ideas for synchronizing signals
> around the shack,  including the use as an ultra-high stability
> reference for my RX-340....
> I just ordered the set from www.buylegacy.com

Hmmm,  well I am tempted,  but....

I live maybe 11 miles East of the WWVH antenna farm
here on Kauai.  I suspect the  ground wave signals I rcv
from them here have pretty good time accuracy,  hi.

They are available at 2.5 (an omni antenna), 5, 10, and
15 MHz from VH.  How many nanoseconds per mile at
light speed?  Doppler shift on ground wave?

Is there a real point in my also ordering a GPS time standard?
Or,  should I spend the $350 to be sure?

73,  Jim  KH7M