[TenTec] OT: 60 meters antenna gain & logging requirement

Art Searle w2nra at w2nra.com
Thu Jun 19 23:28:54 EDT 2003

The FCC is requiring us to include in our log, if we are not using a simple
dipole,  either the calculation or the manufacturer's published gain on the
antenna we use on 60 meters and adjust our output power to no more that 50
watts effective radiated power.

I plan on using my Alpha Delta DX-A Twin Sloper on 60 meters.  To be safe I
figured I email the manufacturer and ask the question.  I thought I'd share
his answer just in case anyone else is using this same antenna.

Here is his reply:
The "gain" on 60 meters for the DX-A would be unity, so a full 50 watts PEP
would be in order. Also, due to the SWR on 60 meters with the DX-A, you
should use a wide range antenna tuner. Thanks for the inquiry,

Don Tyrrell, W8AD
Alpha Delta Communications, Inc.
Web <www.alphadeltacom.com>