[TenTec] New ham looking at Pegasus

David McClafferty ve1adh at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 5 10:31:14 EST 2003

I have been playing around with radios since I was
just a kid and got involved with computers
(mini-computers) in the seventies. I played around
with computer controlled oscillators so I was familier
with tuning using a mouse or keyboard. I have had a
pegausus for over three years and I find I still
prefer a tuning knob. Luckily I was smart enough to
order my Pegasus with the remote tuning knob. Someone
with only computer experience may be happy with
mouse/keyboard tuning but I think an old radio dog
will not be happy trying to learn this new trick. If
you get a Pegasus get the remote pod as well.

73, Dave, VE1ADH