[TenTec] AGC thump

Mail ewell at cvc.net
Wed Mar 12 09:33:11 EST 2003

Hi Paul:

         I work some CW and years ago when we had the old receivers
we would turn down the RF gain and increase the audio gain a bit for
cw work.  The trama of the AGC circuit receiving the CW signal is
more than it can handle.  Most CW operators turn down the RF
gain and you will notice that the noise level goes down some too.
   Happy CW operating, the CW round table you will have to turn
the RF gain up and down some as all are not the same signal strength.

Ed  73  K7DXV
ewell at cvc.net