[TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw at Blomand.Net
Sun Mar 16 21:00:06 EST 2003

I think Clark has a good point but as I stated to one user, it is this
statement that is of concern. "If you can read, you can upgrade your rig."
This should be
changed to say "If you  read (the instructions), you can upgrade your rig."
Most all of us have the ability to read but typically follow the rule, if
all else fails, read the instructions.  How many of us have actually read
the Owners Manual to our cars?  But we say, we can drive and have been doing
so for years so why is it necessary to read the manual.

Having been in the electronics customer service business for several years,
I find that a large percentage of faults today are the result of users not
reading the manual.  They simply want to be told how to do something or
shown how to do something.  No time for reading.

To that end, at risk of serious personal criticism, I'd say that if a
manufacturer sends out the manual some 2 or 3 weeks prior to shipping the
equipment, the user related faults would decrease.

73
Bob, K4TAX