[TenTec] Good time to test the Orion...

Hsu, Aaron aaron.hsu at unistudios.com
Fri Mar 28 11:03:10 EST 2003

Those of you who received the new Orion have a GREAT opportunity to do some
real testing starting at 0000 hours GMT Saturday...the CQ WPX SSB Contest!
(Saturday and Sunday)

Please get that spiffy new rig setup and do some serious RX (really don't
care about the TX side yet!).  How well does the IF DSP work under "contest"
conditions?  How well do the IF bandpass filters work?  Can you hear those
"little gun" QRP'ers running <3KHz away from the monster "Kilowatt"
stations?  Any signs of DSP overload (digital noise on signal peaks)?  How
well does the bandscope work?  Any notes for improvement?  How's the audio
sound?  And, if you do get a mic hooked up, how does the audio sound <g>?

Tell us more, tell us more!!!

  - Aaron Hsu, NN6O (ex-KD6DAE)
    {nn6o}@arrl.net
    {athsu}@unistudios.com
    No-QRO Int'l #1,000,006

p.s.  TenTec, shame on you...most everybody standardized on 1/4" key and
1/8" speaker jacks years ago...why'd you go and reverse them for?  (NQ5T
wrote: "Naturally, my keys all have 1/4" plugs and the Orion requires 1/8".
And my external speakers have 1/8" plugs and the Orion requires 1/4".)