[TenTec] Phones?

AC5E at aol.com AC5E at aol.com
Sat Mar 29 15:09:56 EST 2003

Headphones are pretty much a matter of choice. Someone mentioned using  Brush
earbiters with a pair of face powder sponges for padding a while back - a la
1953 USMC practice - but his jug handles must be smaller than mine. Although
there are few things better for copying CW.

Personally, for comfort over the distance I generally use a set of Sony
Studio monitors, and keep the volume down. If the ability to hear what's
going on around me is important I have several lightweight sponge padded
'phones from a variety of sources.

I also use Heil headsets,  MFJ's with individual volume controls, one of
several sets of Radio Shack's , a pair of Koss that are almost as comfortable
as the Sony's.

Since the Brush elements aren't available in a decent earcup, you pays your
money and takes your choice, and the more money you pays the more comfortable
they are likely to be.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E