[TenTec] Orion/AL-1200 QSK -- Hard lesson #1

nq5t at attbi.com nq5t at attbi.com
Sat Mar 29 16:12:32 EST 2003

> This is worth repeating...Ten-Tec's TX OUT/TX EN should only be used
> with amps that support such a key loop structure.  Grant found out the
> hard way.

The AL-1200 does support the key loop stucture and provides the
necessary handshaking.  It's working perfectly with the Orion's
keying loop.  The fact that I had a mind meld with a rock while
initially testing it is .. well .. correctible :-)

And maybe the next guy can bypass the rock thing ....

Been trying to fiddle in the contest, but I have a line noise problem
that is something fierce today.  The Hardware NB in the Orion
(which is sort of buried in the menus) works very well, and does a
much better job on today's racket than the DSP blanker seems to
be able to do.

Grant

Grant