[TenTec] RX 340 or Orion......that is the Question?

Bill KB9IV wmarvin at hickorytech.net
Thu May 8 22:22:45 EDT 2003

Hi Bill,

I owned a RX 350 a had very mixed thoughts on it.  It has excellent audio,
is accurate and stable.
Easy to use and versatile.  The sync det is poor, the threshold is to high
and it unlocks easily and
won't lock at all on sigs less than S-5, maybe they have corrected this?
Another quirk was a moderate internal generated display sweep noise above 22
Mhz, bring up
the menu instead of the sweep display and it disappeared?
The Longwave was wide open to BCB images and I live in a weak signal area.
Perhaps these issues have been addressed but the one I had obviously didn't.

Best,

Bill
KB9IV