[TenTec] Orion interface

WD4K WD4K2 at Charter.net
Fri May 9 11:29:21 EDT 2003

I have completed all of the testing on the Orion to Top Ten decoder
prototype interface. It performs flawlessly. The operation is clean with no
evidence of RFI. Per my previous mail, this allows new Orion owners who use
Top Ten Devices decoders and switching systems, to use their existing setup
with no outboard modifications, ie: existing custom switching and
programming headers. Dave (N3RD) will be at Dayton or any inquiries about
specific uses, availability, pricing etc. should be sent to him at
N3RD at ARRL.NET. It is my understanding that this will be available as a mod
kit for existing Top Ten decoders or as a new decoder item if desired. He
will also be offering a custom made 15pin cable to the Orion.
Many many thanks to Dave for moving on this so quickly. His products,
service and customer support are a real credit to him and a great benefit to
those who enjoy this hobby.
73, Tommy WD4K