[TenTec] Orion Top Ten interface, WD4K

WD4K WD4K2 at Charter.net
Fri May 9 22:55:19 EDT 2003

I have completed all of the testing on the Orion to Top Ten decoder
prototype interface. It performs flawlessly.  The operation is clean with no
evidence of RFI. Per my previous emails, this allows new Orion owners who
use Top Ten Devices decoders and switching systems to use their existing
setup with no outboard modifications, ie; existing custom switching and
programming headers. Dave (N3RD)(Top Ten Devices) will be at Dayton...or any
inquiries about specific uses, availability, pricing etc., should be sent to
him at N3RD at ARRL.NET. It is my understanding that this will be available as
a mod kit for existing Top Ten decoders or as a new decoder item if desired.
He will also be offering a custom made 15pin cable to the Orion.
Many many thanks to Dave for moving on this so quickly. His products,
service and customer support are a real credit to him and a great benefit to
those who enjoy this hobby.
73, Tommy WD4K