[TenTec] New and Coming 60 meter channels

AC5E at aol.com AC5E at aol.com
Thu May 15 21:15:11 EDT 2003

Well, Uncle Charley isn't giving us much more room to spread out on but it's
kinda' like the story of the camel's nose under the tent. The camel stuck his
schnozz under the tent, lifted his head, and he was all the way in the tent.

The NTIA bureaucrats said the sky would fall if ham radio invaded their
sacrosanct frequencies around 5 mHz. Just like bureaucrats everywhere - wet
blankets all.

We will eventually be given an opportunity to use some few channels on 60
Meters. If we make good use of them;  and prove to the doomsayers that the
sky isn't falling and prove to the FCC we can make good emergency
communications use of the frequencies;   we can petition the FCC to give us
some more channels with a good chance of success.

So let's all keep on plugging away and eventually we should gain full
priveleges on 60 also. I'm just glad I have two rigs that will get on 60!

73  Pete Allen  AC5E