[TenTec] Orion Audio Whine

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu May 22 08:56:18 EDT 2003

At 11:50 PM 5/21/03 -0700, k6se at juno.com wrote:
>At least two other Orion users have reported this problem, so it appears
>to be inherent with the radio.
>
>It's most noticeable on CW because when a narrow BW is selected the
>receiver noise level is much less, so I sure hope that Ten-Tec can
>correct this anomaly because it might cause problems with hearing weak DX
>signals on CW.

I seem to recall a similar issue on some TS-930s (not on mine, happily).  I
hope it will turn out to be an assembly error or an easy fix.  Have you
been on the phone to TenTec, Earl?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 9 May 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm