[TenTec] INRAD Filter Question

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sat May 24 08:39:07 EDT 2003

K0CQ wrote:
 >Steeper skirts and squarer passband corners mean more ringing, and so the
Inrad should ring morethan the TT.

         Steeper and squarer than what?  On May 11 I asked:

"Has anyone ever made actual 6/60 dB plots
of Ten Tec 217, 218 and 219 filters?  Or does anyone
know if they can be found anywhere on a webpage?
I need the filter plots as standalone devices...
...not measured through the radio.  Like these at
<http://www.qth.com/inrad/tentec_menu.htm>http://www.qth.com/inrad/tentec_menu.htm
if you
click "Performance Curve Online" (759, 760, 761)."

http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/tentec/2003-May/033935.html

         Since I never received a single response I'm still
wondering what the Ten Tec filters look like?  What is the
factual basis for the comments comparing Ten Tec and Inrad
filters?  Certainly Inrad's #760 8-pole 250 Hz is sharper
than Ten Tec's 6-pole #219 250 Hz, but what about Ten Tec's
#217 8-pole 500Hz?  Does anyone have a plot comparable to
Inrad's #759 here?

http://www.qth.com/inrad/graphs/759.gif

         Just curious to know if anyone has found Ten Tec's
actual filter curve plots, especially for the #217?

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV