[TenTec] Orion, service manual, knobs

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Sun Nov 9 19:58:46 EST 2003

After trying to trace PTT and mike circuits in Orion schematics, I had to
give up. I am having hard time to follow signals from page to page through cables
and connectors.
Maybe I was out of it for a while, and marking, reference conventions changes
with schematic software. I wonder if there is any help in that direction.
I dowloaded Orion schematics, but I am having hard time to follow the
connections.

With riceboxes one can get service manual, with quite detailed circuit
description, printed circuit boards layouts, detailed schematics with good
references and signal paths marked in color, etc. This $3k radio is missing it, or I
wasn't able to find it.

Does anyone know how to take off the small knobs? I am afraid to pull it that
I would rip the encoder. I don't see any screws.

Yuri, K3BU