[TenTec] Jupiter and RX-350?

NZ8J nz8j at woh.rr.com
Sun Nov 16 12:10:35 EST 2003

I am contemplating a Jupiter/RX-350 setup so I can use the RX-350 as a "sub
receiver". Has anyone used this combination in conjunction with Carl's
program or in a "standalone" configuration? It seems like it might be a very
versatile setup. Any information, insights, pro's and con's are welcomed. My
main concern is how well the QSK would operate when using the setup in a
dual receive configuration. For example when the dx station is operating
split frequency and I would be listening to their transmit and receive
frequencies at the same time. I would hate to lose the smooth quiet QSK of
the Jupiter and introduce "thumps, clicks or pops" on the receive signal or
sidetone that some other radios have.

Thanks in advance for any information
73
Tim