[TenTec] Orion in Contests

john, ke5c ke5c at hot.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 13:09:38 EST 2003

> I still want to know why there are so few Orion reviews on eHam.

the best thing about eham reviews is that they are free, so truly worth what
you paid for them.

> Each new release brings about another round of bugs.  I am intrigued

> by the Orion but don't want to be part of a $4,000 experiment.  Who

> needs the frustration? Is this radio "ready for prime time" or not?

or you could do as my friend did, buy a high end ic756pro for over $3k.
then a few months later they fixed the bugs and deficiencies and brought out
the ic756pro2.  for their help my friend and the other field debuggers got:

a) a free upgrade by flash memory;

b) a free upgrade by sending the rig in and covering shipping only;

c) a very reasonably priced upgrade (as converting an omni 6 to one of the
omni 6 plus steps);

d) nothing, diddly-squat nothing, absolutely nothing.

(correct: d)

73, john

p.s. talk is cheap, but i have an orion on order, so i've put my money where
my mouth is