[TenTec] Orion in contests

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Mon Nov 17 13:57:44 EST 2003

> We have a potential TT customer who posed a reasonable
> question:  why are  there few eham reviews of the Orion?

I suggest that he,  and you read the review posted today,
11/17,  by John Buck,  KH7T.  He describes his experiences
with his Orion in this weekend's Sweepstakes Contest;
and also speaks a bit about the state of the art in both
DSP and front end amateur rig hardware.  Hard to quarrel
with facts.  BTW,  my Orion is doing just fine with the most
recent firm ware mods.  I download them immediately after
rfsquared.com posts them,  why?  Because I have never
had a problem that wasn't of my own fumble fingers doing/
lack of understanding.  And,  they have responded almost
immediately to others who wanted something just  a bit
different.

BTW,  KH7T's review is still at the top of the list of 14
Orion reviews at the eHam site.  Unfortunately,  the long
review of the Orion by John Devoldere, ON4UN,
was posted on the Top Band reflector and never
made it to the eHam review site.  If interested
in his experience with the Orion at his Belgian
QTH,  see:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/Topband/2003-10/msg00006.html
.

I have posted comments along the way about my Orion
right here on this Ten Tec reflector.

73,  Jim  KH7M