[TenTec] Software releases

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 18 14:33:00 EST 2003

We have a whole IT section at work who make their time worthwhile dealing
with the inevitable software update glitches on any new PC compatible,
Windows based software.  We have updates to Microsoft products about once a
week now as the computer gremlins continue to thrive.  I don't think the bug
free, or easy up software has been invented yet.  But, each release
hopefully fixes things and improves the operation.  The Orion is no
different.  If folks who handle new software every day have to reload
systems, fix bugs, and take care of hardware variations in using differing
computers to update software by web downloads, I am hardly surprised at Joe
Ham having any number of problems.   Cables are an especially common problem
in our commercial world.   There are more than there are brands of
computers, allegedly all compatible with whatever computer you have.

-Stuart
an old hardware guy who watches the IT folks sweat these problems.
K5KVH