[TenTec] Model 422B CENTURION HF LINEAR AMPLIFIER

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Sun Nov 30 00:49:22 EST 2003

The Centurion is an excellent amplifier for either CW, SSB, or what have you. And it's probably the best value for a near legal limit amp on the market.

While I have the Titan III and the Titan 425 on the Orion my Centurion is at the second operating position and it's the XYL's favorite amplifer. Quick warm up, easy to tune, very forgiving of minor mistuning, and it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

For my nickel the ONLY thing that could be done to "improve" the Centurion would be to increase the HV to the 4 KV range for full legal limit with the 2 3-500's and 100 Watts of drive. But that would mean both a much larger case and a much larger price tag.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E