[TenTec] Omni 6+ Attributes / John Rippey

KD7EFQ at aol.com KD7EFQ at aol.com
Sat Oct 4 17:57:44 EDT 2003

One caution about the 746 pro: I understand they have a rather frequently
occuring flaw in the P.A. section. I read somewhere that quite a few people have
experienced complete P.A. failures and the factory is aware of it but has yet
to implement design changes. One party was gathering info from 746pro owners
to start a class action lawsuit against the factory.  I think the TT Jupiter
would be a much better rig if you can live without the 2M band.  The FT-1000 is
an interesting rig, but I have also heard that Yaesu of late has experienced
Q.C. Problems. I'd say the 6+ is the way to go on the used market if not priced
over $1500 +/- various options. 73, T.