[TenTec] Titan tuning drift on 160 meters

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Fri Oct 10 16:10:17 EDT 2003

Thanks Stuart,

I know that doorknob capacitors are the way to go for HV RF and high
current RF too. My problem is that I live on an island out in the middle
of the Pacific Ocean, and here the best (maybe only) source of
electronic parts is Radio Schlock. I'm pretty sure they don't stock
doorknob caps. So since I have been unable to find my own stock of
doorknob caps (except for the giant ones that are nearly as big as the
tubes in the Titan) I am probably going to have to mail order some.
Since the list of suspects totals seven capacitors, it will be an
unneccessary expense to replace all seven of them if only one or two
need replacing.

Ken, N6KB/KH6