[TenTec] bigger problem with update

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Oct 13 20:27:13 EDT 2003

W2KJ wrote:
Is there a way to save your settingson an Orion before doing a MASTER RESET
or do you always lose the settings you have entered and must re-enter same
after the re-set???

         Don't remember which, but either after you upload to Orion or
after doing Master Reset, you are asked two questions:

1.  Do you want to save all your memories?
2.  Do you want to save your settings, etc?

I answered Yes to both and they got it mostly right, but I noticed
several settings that did change (SP, Mic Gain, S-Tone, Mon and Spot
are the ones I recall changed...there may be others.  They did save
my 500 and 250 Hz Filter offset settings OK.

         Probably an area for future improvement!

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV