[TenTec] Re: Orion tx audio

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 23:24:27 EDT 2003

Okay, thanks; I understand now.  All these new SDR radios have great
sounding tx audio as far as I am concerned.

Rob
K5UJ

From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo at hotmail.com>
To: tentec at contesting.com
CC: k5uj at hotmail.com
Subject: Orion tx audio
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:50:09 +0000

I wonder if Orion owners, in getting a better reading of peak power on the
meter, are operating at proper audio levels and sound better for it.  If
other rigs' meters only bounce up to around 50% of actual peak power, some
hams may not think their rigs are putting out, therefore, all knobs
clockwise; full speed ahead with the resulting overdrive and bad sounding
audio.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ