[TenTec] OT- E-mail Tax ??? es "double CW note"

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 00:36:39 EST 2003

Item 1, My secretary turned her radio up as some Congressman was explaining that on one of the talk shows yesterday. Probably the Rush Limbaugh program.

It seems the moratorium on taxing internet traffic expires tomorrow night at midnight - when it does expire any state will be able to tax internet content that passes through their state. Since most net traffic passes through New Jersey, the Garden State expects to rake in enough to pay for all sorts of new social programs. As does Texas, California, Arizona, North Dakota, and several other states.

If I heard the man correctly, the House has already passed a bill to reinstate the moratorium, and 96 Senators are for it. But  four Senators are holding it up. The usual suspects. The ones most in favor new social programs to further their political aspirations.

For Item 2: Yes, I have also heard several multi-path CW stations since Ol' Sol's gotten the hiccups. If there's some Doppler shift on one of the paths it sounds much like two stations sending CW in tandem. I heard similar CW notes  back in '53 or so - way before the Orion was a gleam in anyone's eye.

73  Pete Allen