[TenTec] FS: Omni 6 (opt 3)

NZ8J nz8j at woh.rr.com
Fri Oct 31 08:18:49 EST 2003

I have a Ten Tec Omni 6 (opt 3) loaded with filters in excellent condition
plus a 962 ps that I would consider selling.

 The Omni has the following filters:
INRAD 2.8 khz in the first and second IF's
1.8, 500, 250 in the 6 Mhz IF
1.8 and 2.4 (one of the original 2.4's) in the 9mhz IF
I have the other 2.4 khz filter for the 6mhz IF as well if someone wanted to
remove the INRAD filters.

It comes with the 962 power supply, manuals and boxes.

It works great with one small idiosyncrasy in that the display will "dim"
slightly or the "A" or "B" vfo led's will go out occasionally. It might do
it once or twice in an entire evening of operation or might not for a day or
so.  Nothing else changes, the rx and tx and all functions remain as it was.
Simply pushing the "LOCK" button to go into the menu mode will restore
everything back to normal. Since it doesn't affect the operation of the
radio, Ten Tec it could just be a matter of reseatiing and or cleaning the
pins on the plug-in display board on the back of the front panel.  I haven't
tried that since it really doesn't bother me and it's much easier to just
push the "lock" button. (lazy I guess)  I don't consider it a big deal, but
I wanted to make sure and mention it in order to describe the radio fully.

Reason for selling is that I am want to consolidate down to one radio for
Ham/SWL/General coverage listening, and of course the Omni is Ham Band only.

I would take $1400 plus shipping (or maybe an interesting trade?)
Thanks
Tim
NZ8J