[TenTec] DRM and Jupiter

John T. Fleming W3GQJ at comcast.net
Mon Sep 1 23:16:09 EDT 2003

I purchased the DRM software and loaded it onto my ham shack PC today.  I am
using the Jupiter to supply the 12 KHz digital IF.  I understand that all of
the new Jupiters have the digital IF on a miniature jack like the RX-320D.
I actually have the software loaded on my desktop PC and my laptop.  I was
concerned with the lack of "line in" connector on the laptop, but that did
not seem to be a problem.  It will be much easier to demonstrate the DRM
software somewhere other then the "shack" using the laptop.  I was able to
listen to CBC 9755 and RNWB 11,525.  The quality is very nice.  I found that
I had a bit too much output from the Jupiter even with the line in turned
down all the way with the PC control.  I found I could control the level by
switching to fast AGC and also reducing the RF.  If you want to try
something new, give it a try.  It does work with the Jupiter.

The DRM software will not work with the Orion.  The software needs a 12 KHz
signal.  I think the Orion IF is in the 30 KHz range.

73,

John
W3GQJ at comcast.net
W3GQJ at arrl.net