[TenTec] Yahoo and the Orion email reflector, what to do ?

w4chl at amsat.org w4chl at amsat.org
Wed Sep 24 09:03:42 EDT 2003

Dear TenTec list,

I too object to Yahoo's policies, so I have taken the step of using
Sneakemail.com service to put a unique e-mail address out for Yahoo use
only.

If I get any spam with that e-mail address on it, then I'll add a filter,
or discard it and select another. This is free, or $2/month if you wish
static sneakemail.com outgoing e-mail addresses. May use same here, just
because spammers are using increasingly sophisticated bots to go through
anything they can get their hands on and turning the harvested e-mail
addresses collected into spam.

This and enabling a spam filter on my ISP finally seem to be working. What
will we have to turn to next ?

Cheers & 73s de Mark W4CHL
Chapel Hill NC  USA   http://rtpnet.org/parc