[TenTec] Help - Omni V PA

Paul gw7lhi at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 26 01:15:10 EDT 2003

Hi Tom.

Thanks for the tip!

I don't think that will be the problem, I haven't noticed any smell of
burning PCB.
I know what it smells like.. I used to repair TV / VCR stuff, and some of
the burnups in the TV sets were quite big and common.

If I have to check the PA for anything else I'll be sure to check the state
of the output transformer.

The problem also shows up when TX'ing into a dummy load, but even after 5
minutes I only smelled the usual hot heatsink etc smell.

Cheers!

Paul MW0CDO