[TenTec] Finally got a Omni VI+ now I need a CW Elmer

NJ0IP Rick at dj0ip.de
Wed Apr 14 07:58:12 EDT 2004

Tony, (and others interested)

I need to clarify my statement:

I can send CW faster than I can receive and write it down on paper.

For many years I copied high speed QSOs in my head and as Bill pointed out,
copying words instead of letters.  However, much later in life when I only
was on the air about 5% as much as I used to be, and where my short-term
memory seems to be rapidly going south, I find I can still copy words as
they come, but can't remember the entire sentence. :-(

IAMBIC keying is indeed something I would like to discuss.  Surely there are
enough people interested in this to warrant doing it as a thread on this
reflector.  Afterall, CW is a prime reason for buying a Ten-Tec.

By the way, I agree with you on NOT learning to key using IAMBIC.

I only realized that this was my opinion on the subject just 2 or 3 days ago
when speaking with Hartmut, DJ1AT, who has just recently received his new
ORION.  We were discussing his trouble learning to key properly with it.

So Tony, if you want to start a thread on this subject, I'm onboard.

73
Rick