[TenTec] IC7800

Richard Detweiler rdetweil at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 19:33:28 EDT 2004

>Yes, like every Orion owner will dump it for a couple of extra dB and
>plunk down another $7-8000.  Not likely.

Well,  maybe and then again maybe not,

Agree to dis-agree, The reason for going to the Orion in the first place was
that extra close in performance and that few DB and extra gain on weak
signal performance,   Some are spending a small fortune on Antenna systems,
to those , a few DB are going to count.  Not to mention the flashy lights
and color display.

I'll have an opportunity to test the 7800 in A/B tests here.  Many others
will too.  That's how I came to decide on the Orion.  Let the market make
the choices.  My comment is simply that  if Ten Tec doesn't gain the edge
here, They will lose alot of dollars to other rigs and the back log will go
away.

As to Yuri and his ideas,  I wouldn't write him off yet either.

73's
Rich
K5SF