[TenTec] Ten Tec 425 Titan for sale

W9GE finger at goeaston.net
Wed Apr 28 09:52:03 EDT 2004

Hi all:  I have decided to part with both of my Ten Tec 425 Titan amps.  I
am first making them available to Ten Tec and Orion list subscribers.

Both are in excellent physical and electrical condition (except as noted
below) and are currently on line and operational at W9GE.  Picture of the
operating desk with amps can be viewed at qrz.com/w9ge.  both amps are the
later version, with plastic between the variable cap plates, both have HV
switch and blower speed switch on the PS.  No mods made to either amp, they
work perfectly attached to the Orion either qsk or not. (I do not use em in
qsk).  Original manuals and collection of possible mods/enhancements are
included.

First one, serial 60A10280, has good tubes in it, and I will provide one
spare 3cx800.  It has a sluggish multi-meter that should be replaced.  I
will provide a brand new replacement meter, you will need to remove the
existing meter, remove the meter face and install on the new meter and
install the new meter in the amp.  Makes full output on all bands with about
30 watts in.  $1500 plus shipping.

Second one, serial 01B1C113,  has had tubes replaced and was recon'd by Ten
Tec in 2003.  Makes full output on all bands with 25-30 watts in.  I will
provide the Ten Tec repair sheet for your info.  $2100 plus shipping in Ten
Tec boxes.

Of course I would prefer not to ship but will do so if need be.  They are
available for viewing/pick up in Easton Maryland.  I will consider delivery
or meet half way over reasonable distance.    73 bob de w9ge