[TenTec] Basic question - Long

Matthew Kastigar mkastigar at obtura.com
Mon Aug 2 09:50:00 EDT 2004

I think many of us built our own machines, long before IBM got involved.
Before it was a 'personal computer', it was a 'hobbyist machine'!  Lessee,
my Intel 4004-based machine went together in 1975, the I upgraded it to an
8008, then 8080.  Later, in 1978, I went o the Motorola 6800 and never
looked back to Intel.

I started before Altair, Comemco, Commodore, PolySci, SWTPC, Hazelwood,
Radio Shack, IBM or any of the pre-package machines hit the streets.

The IBM PC made the computer 'an appliance', no longer a hobby device (good
or bad).

-Matt  W0XEU

Actually, I built it from discreet components (transistors for you
youngsters!).
not much memory, and not very fast, and only machine language (0's and 1's)
for programming purposes, but it worked!

Dave