[TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'

w8au at sssnet.com w8au at sssnet.com
Mon Aug 2 19:25:07 EDT 2004

At 06:53 PM 08/02/2004, Rob Atkinson, K5UJ wrote:
>Ten Tec did in effect make a single band cw rig.  it was also a single
>band phone rig, and a mobile rig.  It was called the Scout.  Small
>transceiver, 50 watts, you get one and the module for the band you desire
>and kaboom...single band rig.  Mount it under the dashboard or on a table
>at home.
>
>It sold for around 800 bucks (or less, but in that general price
>area).  It evidently flopped because they don't make it anymore.

It came out at $495 (with one band module).... and it was produced for over
ten years....   It was a success, I would think.....

>Abt 25 yrs ago, TT also made a cw only xceiver.  Century 21.  I don't
>believe it went over all that well either.

It was popular and you see a lot of them on Ebay.  It became outdated when
the new WARC bands appeared after 1981.

AND..... you can still get single band TT CW rigs.... (5 watters)    from
their T-Kit line.......

Go for it!  :-)

Perry      w8au