[TenTec] 100 w. mobile rig

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 12:23:42 EDT 2004

It seems to me that if a serious mobile HF operation is to be undertaken,
you would either want a minimum of around 200 watts which the new Kenwood
provides, or a lower exciter type level to drive a solid state linear amp to
around 400 watts.  With band noise, bad conditions, and the difficulty of
having anything near a decent antenna on a motor vehicle, you have to run
some power to give yourselves a chance, or, operate 6 and 10, and wait for a
really good band opening.
I'd vote for a ten tec 50 watt rig and a ten tec 400 watt amp.  Then you
have all the possibilities available.

Rob/K5UJ