[TenTec] Basic question (especially NR operation)

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Tue Aug 3 19:43:46 EDT 2004

Actually, Sinisa, I was referring to your FB writeup on the Orion where
you recommend backing off on the RF gain until the S-meter drops back
about 12 dB(?) or so.  It was your first step in optimizing the receive
performance of the Orion, if I remember correctly.  I agree with the RF
gain technique on older technology rigs.  In fact, I was taught to do
this as a novice back in 1956!

73, Joe