[TenTec] Orion QSK

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Wed Aug 4 09:29:04 EDT 2004

Lee,

I think if you go back and read that again, I, or no one that I read, said
anything about a 100 wpm QSK requirement for the Orion.

That statement was included with the 'wish list' that was floating on the
reflector about a Ten Tec CW only 'wish' radio. So you interpeted it in the
way you wanted, more than likely to be able to take a 'shot' at someone who
mentioned that's one thing they would like to see on a 'CW ONLY RADIO'.

I have been doing QRQ at speeds over 100 wpm for more than 20 years.
Bragging about that is not something I enjoy doing....actually doing it with
the 10 or maybe 15 excellent hams in the eastern half of the USA is done for
the fun of it....not to be able to brag about it.

You say you have designed your own 'high speed full QSK' radios? I am a very
active CW operator and I am pretty sure I have never talked to you at any
QRQ speeds over the past 20 years.

If I send something to the reflector that you disagree with, it would be
more productive to respond to me privately, where we could discuss it in
what ever terms are required. If you don't believe there are hams who
operate at those speeds, please join us on either 7.024 or 7.033 MHz. But
please keep in mind, it is not bragging, it just stating why we would like
to see a particular feature included in a CW only radio from Ten Tec!

Tom - W4BQF