[TenTec] Basic question

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Wed Aug 4 14:04:24 EDT 2004

Gary,
        Let us know how you like it and how it compares.  I've had mine
for 5 months now and really enjoy it.  I use an Astron RS-35M and it has
no problems.  I also ordered without the additional roofing filters, and
have found it still works very well.  I did purchase one of the INRAD 600
Hz roofing filter kits, and it seems to work well (put it in the 1 KHz
slot, and moved the 1 KHz up to the 1.8 KHz slot).
        Take your time learning it - this can be overwhelming at first.
There is a LOT of flexibility in the interface, and it takes a bit of
relearning from traditional rigs.  It won't be long before you're dancing
on the controls just like on the 850s.

        73,  Duane