[TenTec] Inrad 762

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Sat Aug 14 20:34:39 EDT 2004

I installed the 762 and "parked" the stock TT 1khz filter in the empty 250
hz slot.  It should be safe and not get lost there.

I deactivated the 500hz filter in the menu.

I did a master reset. (just in case)

However, with the Filter selection set to AUTO, the visual indicator - that
little line above the filter bandwidth display still shortens at 360hz as if
the 500hz filter is cutting in.  It also shortens again at 190hz as if  the
250 filter was in although I have never owned one and neither is activated  in
the menu.   If a specific filter is selected, the line shortens to  match that
filter even if one is not installed.

Is this normal?  Does your display show a narrowing of the roofing  filter
even though there is no such filter?

My overall impression is that the 600hz filter works just fine but since it
is solving a pretty rare problem, it is hard to hear if it is any better that
the 500hz TT filter.

Radio  k4ia
"Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia  USA