[TenTec] TenTec Service

Larry Greenberg N5BEA larrylg1 at excite.com
Sat Aug 14 21:46:55 EDT 2004

 Back in the late 70's I had a problem with my first TenTec an Argonaut, so I sent it in and a whole lot of extra alignment etc was done at no additional charge. The tech informed me that the required repair did not take too long and he was requied to charge a minium, so he just checked to see what might be benificial.  Last year I sent in a rig for repair, and guess what... The very same tech, no names mentioned, answered the phone...................................................................................   I  just wonder ONLY,  after reading or at least scanning over some of the comments  on the reflector, what kind of  feed back we will be hearing of the airwaves, in the next year or two, when some of those shiny new 7800s require out of warranty repairs...   I once took an foreign car to an import repair facility.  The flat rates were posted, the same mechanics were certified on different car types, but the flat rate went up depending of the price of the car..  Ju
 st something to think about.. Service is a significant factor, at least when I  I purchace a rig.. Larry GreenbergN5BEA